Belotero Balance® is a new dermal filler used to soften lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth. Hyaluronic acid, a natural component of the skin, is the main ingredient of Belotero. When the hyaluronic acid mixes with water in the skin it is able to provide additional structure and form to fill in wrinkles and lines. The components in Belotero Balance allow it to be unique for each person. Once injected, it is able to integrate into the skin and mold to a persons’ individual features, leaving a natural-looking result. Belotero Balance is a great choice for any patient because it can treat both deep and fine lines.
Belotero treats common problem areas around the nose and mouth, such as:
- Nasolabial folds (also known as the smile line), which run from the nose to the corner of the mouth and get deeper with age.
- Vertical lip lines (the lines above the lip), which can be shallow and form when there is a loss of volume in the skin.
- Marionette lines (lines from the corner of your mouth down to your jaw), which get deeper with age and leave others with the impression that you are frowning even when you are not.
- Oral commissures (lines around the corner of the mouth), which occur when there is a loss of volume in the area. They give your mouth a down-turned appearance, also leaving you looking frowning or sad.
- Belotero Balance® is unique in that it can also be used to treat fine lines like crows feet lines.
What to Expect During and After Treatment of Belotero
The treatment time is minimal and can be done within your lunch hour. It is possible to have some bruising at the site of the treatment so you should avoid any medications that increase your chance of bruising. There is no downtime afterwards so you are free to go back to your normal activities. You can expect to see results instantly that last up to 6 months, possibly more.
For more information about Belotero, or to schedule a Belotero consultation, please contact Dr. Garramone’s office today at 239-482-1900.